Mucuna pruriens, (known in Ayurveda as Kapikacchu), is a nutritive tonic commonly used to nourish the nervous system, support healthy sexual energy, and strengthen and tone the reproductive organs. In men, Mucuna encourages natural potency and helps to build ojas, the essence of virility, vitality, and immunity. In women, it promotes fertility and a healthy libido. The vitality bestowed by mucuna nourishes the entire body and calms the nerves, making it an excellent rejuvenative for Vata. By balancing vata in the nervous system, mucuna supports the body’s ability to maintain healthy muscular movements, proper sensation, coordination, and keen motor skills. It is also a natural source of levodopa (L-dopa), which is an essential precursor to the neurotransmitter dopamine.*
Related scientific research references:
1. Lucia Raffaella Lampariello, Alessio Cortelazzo, Roberto Guerranti, Claudia Sticozzi, and Giuseppe Valacchi. The Magic Velvet Bean of Mucuna pruriens J Tradit Complement Med. 2012 Oct-Dec; 2(4): 331–339.
2. Kamla Kant Shukla, Abbas Ali Mahdi, Mohammad Kaleem Ahmad, Shyam Pyari Jaiswar, Satya Narain Shankwar and Sarvada Chandra Tiwari. Mucuna pruriens Reduces Stress and Improves the Quality of Semen in Infertile Men. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2010 Mar; 7(1): 137–144.
3. R Katzenschlager, A Evans, A Manson, P Patsalos, N Ratnaraj, H Watt, L Timmermann, R Van der Giessen, and A Lees. Mucuna pruriens in Parkinson's disease: a double blind clinical and pharmacological study. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004 Dec; 75(12): 1672–1677.
Rejuvenation for Vata & Kapha that Promotes Vitality & Strength*
- Increases energy and vitality*
- General adaptogen for combating stress*
- Assists in calming the mind and promotes restful sleep*
- Supports proper function of the adrenals*
Serving size: 1 tablet
Servings per container: 90
Each 500 mg tablet contains: Ashwagandha root (Withania somnifera)+.
Other ingredients, from natural sources: organic maltodextrin, silicon dioxide. Free of gluten, soy and dairy. 100% vegetarian.
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans
*The information on this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. For more information pertaining to your personal needs please see a qualified health practitioner.