Tulsi is one of the most sacred plants in India and it is often kept in courtyards and houses for its purifying and beneficial influence on its surroundings. It removes excess kapha from the lungs and upper respiratory tract, promoting clear comfortable breathing. Tulsi promotes healthy circulation and brings warmth and nourishment to the thoracic cavity including the lungs and heart. Highly sattvic in nature, tulsi heightens awareness and promotes mental clarity. It is especially soothing for vata and kapha, and during times of stress, tulsi can help to provide a sense of calm and well-being to an over active mind. It is also said to have more subtle influences such as opening the heart and bestowing the energy of love, devotion, faith, and compassion.
Related scientific research references:
1. Marc Maurice Cohen, Tulsi - Ocimum sanctum: A herb for all reasons J Ayurveda Integr Med. 2014 Oct-Dec; 5(4): 251–259.
2. Mondal S, Mirdha BR, Mahapatra SC. The science behind sacredness of Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum Linn.), Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009 Oct-Dec;53(4):291-306.
3. Kamyab A, Eshraghian A, Anti-Inflammatory, gastrointestinal and hepatoprotective effects of Ocimum sanctum Linn: an ancient remedy with new application. Inflamm Allergy Drug Targets. 2013 Dec;12(6):378-84.
Rejuvenation for Vata & Kapha that Promotes Vitality & Strength*
- Increases energy and vitality*
- General adaptogen for combating stress*
- Assists in calming the mind and promotes restful sleep*
- Supports proper function of the adrenals*
Serving size: 1 tablet
Servings per container: 90
Each 500 mg tablet contains: Ashwagandha root (Withania somnifera)+.
Other ingredients, from natural sources: organic maltodextrin, silicon dioxide. Free of gluten, soy and dairy. 100% vegetarian.
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans
*The information on this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. For more information pertaining to your personal needs please see a qualified health practitioner.