Triphala is highly recommended and most popular as compared to any other Ayurvedic herbal formulation. Triphala ( Tri = three, Phala = Fruits) is composed of the dried fruits of Amalaki, Bibhitaki and Haritaki. Its popularity is due to its unique ability to gently cleanse and detoxify the system while simultaneously replenishing and nourishing it, this traditional formula supports the proper functions of the digestive, circulatory, respiratory and genitourinary systems. Containing five of the six tastes (all but salty), Triphala readily removes excess vata, pitta and kapha from the body, bringing balance and proper functioning to the system.
Related scientific research references:
1. Sandhya T, Lathika KM, Pandey BN, Mishra KP. Potential of traditional ayurvedic formulation, Triphala, as a novel anticancer drug. Cancer Lett 2006;231(2):206-14.
2. Naik GH, Priyadarsini KI, Bhagirathi RG, et al. In vitro antioxidant studies and free radical reactions of triphala, an ayurvedic formulation and its constituents. Phytother Res 2005;19(7):582-6.
3. Jagetia GC, Malagi KJ, Baliga MS, et al. Triphala, an ayurvedic rasayana drug, protects mice against radiation-induced lethality by free-radical scavenging. J Altern Complement Med 2004;10(6):971-8.
4. Rasool M, Sabina EP. Antiinflammatory effect of the Indian Ayurvedic herbal formulation Triphala on adjuvant-induced arthritis in mice. Phytother Res 2007;21(9):889-94.
5. Kumar MS, Kirubanandan S, Sripriya R. Triphala Promotes Healing of Infected Full-Thickness Dermal Wound. J Surg Res 2007.
6. Srikumar R, Parthasarathy NJ, Devi SR. Immunomodulatory activity of triphala on neutrophil functions. Biol Pharm Bull 2005;28(8):1398-403.
7. Sumantran VN, Kulkarni AA, Harsulkar A, et al. Hyaluronidase and collagenase inhibitory activities of the herbal formulation Triphala guggulu. J Biosci 2007;32(4):755-61.
8.Sandhya T, Mishra KP. Cytotoxic response of breast cancer cell lines, MCF 7 and T 47 D to triphala and its modification by antioxidants. Cancer Lett 2006;238(2):304-13.
9. Deep G, Dhiman M, Rao AR, Kale RK. Chemopreventive potential of Triphala (a composite Indian drug) on benzo(a)pyrene induced forestomach tumorigenesis in murine tumor model system. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 2005;24(4):555-63.
10. Saravanan S, Srikumar R, Manikandan S. Hypolipidemic effect of triphala in experimentally induced hypercholesteremic rats. Yakugaku Zasshi 2007;127(2):385-8.
11.Kaur S, Michael H, Arora S, et al. The in vitro cytotoxic and apoptotic activity of Triphala—an Indian herbal drug. J Ethnopharmacol 2005;97(1):15-20.
Balancing Formula for Detoxification & Rejuvenation*
- Assists natural internal cleansing*
- Gently maintains regularity*
- Nourishes and rejuvenates the tissues*
- Supports healthy digestion and absorption*
- Natural antioxidant*
Serving size: 1 tablet
Servings per container: 90
Each 500 mg tablet contains: Amalaki fruit (Emblica officinalis)+, Bibhitaki fruit (Terminalia belerica)+, Haritaki fruit (Terminalia chebula)+.
Other ingredients, from natural sources: organic maltodextrin, silicon dioxide. Free of gluten, soy and dairy. 100% vegetarian.
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
*The information on this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. For more information pertaining to your personal needs please see a qualified health practitioner.