Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera ) is often called as the Indian version of ginseng because, like ginseng, ashwagandha is revered as a non-specific tonic and adaptogen. It help in maximising the body's ability to resist stress, enables body to reserve and keep vital energy for all day long while promoting sound, restful sleep at night. It can be used by both men and women, it maintains proper nourishment of the tissues and bones, while supporting proper function of the adrenals. Ashwagandha is particularly useful as a natural source of energy to seniors.
Related scientific research references:
1. Navjot Shah, Rumani Singh, Upasana Sarangi, Nishant Saxena, Anupama Chaudhary, Gurcharan Kaur, Sunil C. Kaul and Renu Wadhwa. Combinations of Ashwagandha Leaf Extracts Protect Brain-Derived Cells against Oxidative Stress and Induce Differentiation PLoS One. 2015; 10(3): e0120554.
2. Narendra Singh, Mohit Bhalla, Prashanti de Jager and Marilena Gilca. An Overview on Ashwagandha: A Rasayana (Rejuvenator) of Ayurveda. Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med. 2011; 8(5 Suppl): 208–213.
3. Ashwagandha The University of Michigan Health System
Rejuvenation for Vata & Kapha that Promotes Vitality & Strength*
- Increases energy and vitality*
- General adaptogen for combating stress*
- Assists in calming the mind and promotes restful sleep*
- Supports proper function of the adrenals*
Serving size: 1 tablet
Servings per container: 90
Each 500 mg tablet contains: Ashwagandha root (Withania somnifera)+.
Other ingredients, from natural sources: organic maltodextrin, silicon dioxide. Free of gluten, soy and dairy. 100% vegetarian.
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans
*The information on this website is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. For more information pertaining to your personal needs please see a qualified health practitioner.